Daniel Hennequin is a media educator and film reviewer based in Melbourne. He began teaching in 2008 and throughout his career he has taught Media to Years 9 to 12 and has also taught VET Certificate III in Interactive Digital Media. Daniel has presented seminars on Media assessment tasks and exam preparation. He has also worked for the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority (VCAA) in VCE Media Exam assessing. He maintains and facilitates his own film review blog hqmoviereviews.com. He is skilled in film and photo editing programs such as Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Flash, InDesign and Dreamweaver. He is also proficient with photography and film production equipment including DSLR’s and HD Video Cameras. He completed his BA in Arts/Education in 2007. Daniel is currently working full-time at Penola Catholic College and is completing his Masters in Media at RMIT.
PENOLA CATHOLIC COLLEGE (2008 – PRESENT)
I have taught VCE Media Units 1 – 4 (Year 11 and 12). Year 10 Media, English and Multimedia. Certificate IV in VET Interactive Digital Media Units 1 – 4. Year 9 Visual Communication and Design (VCD). I have introduced and developed Year 9 Media to the curriculum. I also edited and designed the Penola Catholic College Yearbook, 2010.
BLOG – FILM CRITIC (2014 – PRESENT)
I created and maintain the blog page hqmoviereviews.com. Where I publish reviews for films both classic and modern. I also publish essays and top ten lists.
I have hosted seminars on media assessments and exam preparation, judged for the ATOM Awareness Awards and have also assessed exams for the VCAA.
- VCE Media Exam Assessing, VCAA, 2014
- Seminar Host, VCE Media Exam Preparation Seminar, Engage Education, University of Melbourne, 2014
- Seminar Host, Film Analysis: Inception (Christopher Nolan) and Single Shot Video Activity, ‘Refocus’ ATOMVIC State Conference 2014
- Judge – Best Senior Secondary Documentary, Best Senior Secondary Music Video, 2014 IP Awareness ATOM Awards, ATOM 2014
- Seminar Host, VCE Media Exam Preparation Seminar, Engage Education, University of Melbourne, 2013
- VCE Media Exam Assessing, VCAA, 2012
- VCE Media Exam Assessing, VCAA, 2009
- Masters in Media, RMIT, (Currently completing as at 2014)
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110), Ripponlea Institute, 2014
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, Kangan TAFE, 2009
- Bachelor of Arts/Arts Education, Latrobe University, 2007
- Certificate IV in Writing and Editing, NMIT, 2003
- VCE Graduate, Parade Catholic College, 2000